23 February 2015

No Application, No Effects, Just Natural Light

Mommy Bloggers Philippines and mommy blogger Joy Gurtiza of joybites.com had organized a mini workshop for the members and non-members of MBP last February 21, 2015. Two sessions had been arranged, a morning session scheduled at 10:00 AM at Museum Cafe/Kabila in Greenbelt 4 and the afternoon session scheduled at 2:00 PM at Saboten in Glorietta 5.

I joined the afternoon session. And can you imagine? A DSLR camera is not required for this workshop, you may use your camera phone or a point and shoot camera if that’s what you have. Mine is a camera phone, My Phone A919 Duo.

And I learned the art of natural light. Yes, no light effects like in the studio, just the natural rays of sunlight coming from your window (or door). And believe it or not, there’s also a holy hour for this type of lighting from 7:00 to 9:00 in the morning and 4:00 to 6:00 in the afternoon, but it also depends on the position of your house, like from where your window (or door) is located from the sun’s direction. I also learned on how to check and make use of the settings in my camera phone, as well as DIY (do it yourself) equipment that you may use as props, and reflectors during your own photo shoot at home (I will feature this on my next blog once I have made my own). Now I know how minimize those disturbing shadows on some of my pictures.

Here are some of the pictures that I took with my camera phone.



This is my favorite.


I changed the settings for this one and had the White Balance under Flourescent.
Sponsors for the event are, Raintree Restaurants, Japan Homes, Nature Republic, Henry's Professional, Goauche Bags, Oil of Argan and Villa del Conte.

I will be doing practice for the next few days with what I have learned, and will feature those pictures here soon!

8 comments:

  1. Hi mommy, saya ng workshop noh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mommy, magkakaron ba repeat? Argh! sobrang hinayang hindi ako nakapunta.. :( #envy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, Olive! Nakagugutom naman ang food sa photos mo! I attended the AM session at ang saya-saya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SJ Valdez. Mas marami nga daw kayo sa AM session. ;)

      Delete
  4. SAna may next ulit na workshop! :) Would like to attend din. Di ako magaling kumuha ng pictures, bara bara nalang. hihi! Ganda ng shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sana talaga! Ako din before basta may magandang angulo lang picture na. At least ngayon wala ng daya ang pics, di na kailangan si Camera 360 app. ;)

      Delete