21 May 2017

The FightCon Experience

It's been a week, and I still can't get over it.

Yeah, I was given the privilege to cover the event about FightCon. I was (and hoping to come back soon) a Karate-do practitioner way back 1999, due to the challenges of being a mom, and after two miscarriages, I forced myself to stop. 

Honestly, I missed training, A LOT! Words until now can't express how I felt (and feeling up to now) the excitement I felt during the event. Seeing all martial arts practitioners of different techniques (is that the right word to describe it? Hahaha!), actual competitors who greeted each other upon meeting at the venue, and demos being performed by participating gyms. And yes, it inspired me once again to go back into to training. 

I've got a lot of pics, but I just selected the best that I've got for this blog. 


























And the first 50 who were at the venue early gets a free FightCon tumbler. 



































I honestly don't know how long this guy has been playing the virtual boxing match prepared by ABS-CBN Sports Action.





















The Conditioning Challenge was the first activity, getting the scores by how many repeats and how perfectly they have done it.























One of the participating gyms performing the art of Kendo with a free basic session for the willing participant.





























One of the participating gyms, demonstrating "The way of Peace", Aikido.


And yeah, I spotted someone... Brandon Vera is in the house!!! Yes, he is the event partner of FightCon.

 And yes, would not let myself be left out since I got the chance.


With Sensei Donnie Geisler, after the kids from his Taekwondo training gym performed in the octagon ring. 

The pictures below are the best ones that I had, talking about positioning yourself against the light.




And I definitely agree with Brandon's speech before the tournament started, martial arts practitioners should not be training exclusively under one gym. They should be allowed to explore other crafts as well through the help of other gyms.

Sadly, it has been happening here. Once you started training under one gym, it seems you are stuck with them forever. I even heard before that before a new training gym accepts you, you need to bring a letter showing that your previous training gym is allowing you to train with the new one. Weird right?

I enjoyed the event though I was not able to see the Muay Thai tournament since my dear friend who accompanied me has a curfew and we need to go home a bit early. Hoping to be part of the next FightCon event.

No comments:

Post a Comment