04 May 2015

The Merlene Math Project: I learned from it too.

A few months ago my eldest started his session on Merlene Math at MSA Tutorial Center. And to my surprise, I learned something from it too. 

No, not about math, but I was able to discover something about Kuya Leo. I was surprised when the Teacher from MSA informed me that she attached something along with the worksheets that he needs to answer at home. When I read it a few steps as we got out of MSA, I looked at my son and asked if it is true. He just shyly smiled back and nodded. Yes, my son is not perfect, he was having difficulties in Math which I am not aware of.

MSA Tutorial Center at SM City Fairview Annex
And out comes the guilty feeling of a working mom, since I was working at Ortigas before on a graveyard shift, I think every time I would ask him if they have homework or if there is a lesson that he is having a hard time with, he is not really telling me everything. Maybe when he sees that I am already tired from work or sleepy when I got home, he would not bother ask for my assistance. 

So, after a heart to heart talk, we went back to the basics of Math. Though Kuya Leo had improved his Math skills I would still need to keep an eye on it. I would be able to provide more time for them this coming school year, since I am now working near from home. Yes, I sacrificed and gave up my high-paying job to a life changing salary. Who cares? I'd rather be with my kids when they need me. Agree?

Thank you MSA, I learned a lot from you too.

Want to know more about Merlene Math or MSA, check out the links provided below:

Website: http://www.msainstitute.com
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/MSAInstitute

No comments:

Post a Comment